Monday, September 26, 2005

Homeward Bound

Just a few hours and a wake up and I'll be back on a plane bound for NC. Although I'll be glad to sleep in my own bed, I'm sad to see my time in Austin come to an end. My aunt and uncle have been nothing short of the perfect hosts. My aunt E. has once again given me a crash course in Mexican cooking, and I hope to introduce some of my skills to my girlfriend, though it might be a few weeks from now.

It has been really good to visit with my uncle. I will never look back with regret on time well-spent with him. I am thankful I was able to break away from the mundane world of photogrammetry to spend these days with him. And I'm glad that L. was able to be here as well. It would not have been the same without her by my side. No way would it have been the same.

No comments: