Monday, September 26, 2005

ACLF-Day Three

The word for Day Three at ACLF- HOT. It was the hottest day of the summer, even though summer officially came to an end a few days ago. Be that as it may, my intrepid girlfriend and I arrived earlier than any of the previous two days in order to catch an early afternoon set by Rilo Kiley. Shade is hard to come by in Zilker Park, but we were able to secure a spot under a grand oak tree, which made the 104 108 degrees more bearable.

Arcade Fire put on an incredible show! It was unlike any show we'd seen at the festival. Each member of the band is an accomplished instrumentalist, and the members would rotate instruments between songs. Full of energy, and bouncing around, they filled the entire hour-long set with raucous percussion, screaming vocals and just general thrashing around on stage. We loved it!

Wilco rounded out the night for us... Wilco opened up with a real crowd-pleaser: Kingpin. I know I had a smile on my face the entire time they were on-stage. My lovely girlfriend thought to snap a few pics of me singing along and enjoying the music. If my count is correct, it made the eleventh time that I'd seen Wilco. Even though it was a short set, it was enough to fill my Wilco fix until the next time they come around.

After Wilco, we made it back in time for a quick dip in the pool. It was the perfect way to cool down after a day in the hot Texas sun. I'm thankful I had the perfect companion to share it with me.

No comments: