Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Katrina Relief

"....the simplicity that is in Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3
I'm going!

I just got word about an hour or so ago that I will be joining 8 others from my church to assist with Hurricane Katrina Relief in the Gulf Coast region, OCT 02-08. I know not where our team is going, be it Biloxi or Mobile, but I'm excited about the oppurtunity to help with the clean-up and aftermath of what is quite possible the worst natural disaster to hit these United States. Moreover, I'm excited about showing Christ's Love to a people who are hurting. I look forward to good, honest, hard work. I look forward to documenting it in photographs and words. I am not sure if I'll be able to make updates to this blog while in the region, but I do have a camera and pen & paper.

Here's an excerpt from today's entry in
Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest:
When the natural power of vision is devoted to the Holy Spirit, it becomes the power of perceiving God's will and the whole life is kept in simplicity.
It's exciting to be in the Will of God.

No comments: