Tuesday, September 06, 2005

No Worries

I have much to be thankful for. For one, I have a job. It may not be the perfect job, and sure, I may feel under-employed, but I am gainfully employed. After seeing even a small portion of the human tragedy being played out 24/7 on TV, it's painfully clear that I am blessed.
I'm not floating on a door in the middle of Canal Street.
I'm not stranded on a rooftop somewhere in New Orleans.
I have a roof over my head, and no worries to speak of.
I have a girl that loves and believes in me.
If I were a vain man, I'd strike the last post off the record. I'd rather not do that. Rather it should serve as a reminder of what I do have. Things happen (or don't) for a reason. It is no accident that I am where I am today. I believe God's hand is active in my life. And I am thankful for that.

No comments: