Monday, October 17, 2005

Tabula Rasa, or "What a little 'Faith' can do."

Now that my Beloved is back on American soil, it was time for a little drive to Wilmington to visit with her family and since the last time we were down... that number has increased by one!

A precious newborn "Faith" was born to her brother and sister-in-law almost 4 weeks ago, as L. and I were flying to Austin. (My, how that seems so long ago!) Further traveling prevented us from going down sooner, but I was elated to be with L. as we both got to hold this precious bundle and witness the tiny miracle before us.

As I was holding Faith, it struck me that I held in my hands a bottomless well of potential. We all enter this world with the same Tabula Rasa, or "blank slate." She can become anything, accomplish anything, and achieve further dreams than any one of us alive today. After all, that's what every parent dreams for their child.

She is, of course, a beautiful baby. I told the new parents in a matter-of-fact way: "You make beautiful babies." I look forward to seeing her grow up and hearing and seeing all the milestones along the way.

What can a little Faith do? The answer is simple: Anything.

No comments: