Friday, December 01, 2006

In the Mood...

Time to dust off those Christmas CD's, and give them another spin. As for myself, I really can't listen to Christmas music at any other time of the year, but today, I found myself grabbing a disc I found at the pawn shop a couple years ago: The Blind Boys of Alabama release: Go Tell it on the Mountain.

I had forgotten what a great collection of soulful songs this disc contains. In keeping with my current (or would that be continuing?) Tom Waits obsession, here's the title track to the album.

+ Blind Boys of Alabama - Go Tell It On the Mountain
(featuring Tom Waits)

In addition, I find myself going back to these 2 as well:

+ Blind Boys of Alabama - In the Bleak Midwinter
(featuring Chrissie Hynde with Richard Thompson)
+ Blind Boys of Alabama - Joy To the World
(featuring Aaron Neville) a cappella

I have a feeling I'll be posting more of my holiday tracks during the coming days... It's time to shake the dust off, people! Can I get a witness?

No comments: