Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fiery Furnaces on KCRW

Just a shade over a month ago, The Fiery Furnaces recorded a set with Nic Harcourt of the excellent "Morning Becomes Eclectic" on KCRW, in Santa Monica, CA. I missed the actual broadcast, but thanks to the wonders of bit torrent, I was able to hear this broadcast in its entirety.

01. Intro
02. Duplexes of the Dead
03. Automatic Husband
04. Ex-Guru
05. My Egyptian Grammar
06. Japanese Slippers
07. Widow City
08. Interview
09. Navy Nurse
10. The Philadelphia Grand Jury
11. Clear Signal From Cairo
12. Outro
It's clear that Matt and Eleanor have a great time making music together. If you download just one of these tracks, choose wisely: Navy Nurse will rock your freakin' socks off. I know— I'm sitting here at my desk, typing in my bare feet.

Special thanks to Priscilla, who turned me on to The Fiery Furnaces. It's been a wild nonsensical trip, but I love it.

If you're lucky enough to have an account on DIME, here's the link.
[Widow City @ Amazon]

No comments: