Saturday, September 24, 2005

ACLF-Day One

The much-anticipated ACLF got off without a hitch yesterday. Hurricane Rita made a swing towards the east and by doing so, greatly changed the forecast for Austin, allowing thousands of concert-goers to breathe a collective sigh of relief. It was windy in Zilker Park, and the dust created by the increased winds gave many, including my girlfriend and me what I called a "dirt tan." But no worries.

We saw some great bands today. Mates of State, Thievery Corporation, Lucinda Williams, Allman Bros. Band to name a few. It's almost sensory overload to tell you the truth. There is so much going on at ACLF... food, art, music...

Gibson has a "G-Pod" booth set up where one can strap on the latest Gibson guitars and rock out on headphones. I plan on doing that today, if possible. I've had my eye on a Gibson SG for a while now.

It's great to be here in Austin, with the One I love. On the way back from the festival, we put the top down on the convertible and enjoyed a nice drive back home. I told her I felt like a million bucks, and it was the God's Honest Truth. Being here with her, experiencing this festival is nothing short of winning the lottery, in my mind.

We capped the day off with a quick dip in my Aunt and Uncle's neighborhood pool. It was nice to cool off so rapidly after a day in the hot Texas sun. There's precious little shade at the festival, so there's nothing to do but suck it up and sweat. But it's a good time, nonetheless.

Right now... I think I'm going to grab a cup of mud to start Day Two.

No comments: