Thursday, September 22, 2005

Rita

The trip to Austin was uneventful, which is just the way I prefer to fly 1/2 way across the country. ACLF is on the horizon for tomorrow... but an even greater presence is bearing down on this great state of TEXAS... Hurricane Rita. They're predicting that we'll have Hurricane I force winds in the Austin area. Of course the folks putting on the festival are saying "Rain or Shine" but I have to remind myself that I am in Texas and of course they're going to say that the show will go on.

But Big Shoulders will not put himself or the One he loves in harm's way for a few gigs. It's just not worth it. But I hope that Austin is spared and the weather is condusive to rocking.

In the meantime... I'm passing the time visiting with my aunt and uncle while my baby is at work. The festival begins tomorrow...

No comments: